Question: Does Sientra have 800cc?

Hello, I noticed on Sientra's website that I could not find any 800cc implants. Do you know if they have or plan to have them? Saline implants can be big, but they tend to be far too rounded on top. Can they not be shaped like a teardrop? Thank you.

Thanks for your question. I'll reach out to Sientra and get back to you.

Have a great day.

Dr. Pyle

So, the largest Sientra implant right now is 700.  They have plans to expand that volume and my assumption would be that it would be to at least 800 cc's.  I would warn you that the person I talked to suggested there isn't an exact timeline so it might be a while.  I appreciate the honesty they used in sharing that.

Here's some further unsolicited information.  There are, essentially, 3 and a half silicone implant companies in the US.  They are Sientra, Allergan, Mentor and the half is Motiva which is currently in trials.  Of the three, my preferred with what's currently available and what I currently know are Sientra and Allergan. I think Mentor implants probably feel the best out of the box but their implant rupture rate beyond 8 years bothers me.  The closest thing to a Sientra gummy bear smooth implant is probably the Allergan Soft touch (SS line) in terms of how it feels and a Allergan Cohesive (SC line) in terms of how it maintains shape.  Either of those are certainly reasonable options. 

Most of the time when I am using an 800 cc implant it is because we are trying to create as distinct a shape as we can. If that is the case, I would probably lean SC.

Thanks again for your question and for being a part of the community.

Have a great day.

Dr. Pyle

Login or Signup to post a comment